viernes, 3 de octubre de 2008

Happy Children's Day!!

When I was a kid, I would always ask my parents why we celebrated Mother's Day and Father's Day, but never Children's Day. Their wise answer was that every day was children's day. However, here in El Salvador, we actually do have a national holiday, Children's Day! At my school, we don't celebrate Halloween, so today we celebrated Children's Day which was actually this past wednesday, and let the kids dress up to come to school. The theme this year was "Noah's Ark", so they all had to come dressed up as animals, and of course, in pairs. Here are some pictures, the first one of some kids with Noah and his wife in front of the ark:

Some of my former students:

These are my cutiepie real-life twins:

All the kids from the 3 year old class up to 12th grade dressed up, and even the staff. Here is our principal and vice-principal, aka "The human piñatas":

And as promised a while back, here are some pictures of my new classroom after i got moved again:

To get more of a feel for where i work, thought you might also like to see our beloved train which all of our 3-6 year old students ride in to go to the kindergarten everyday:

Happy Children's Day to all of you younguns out there and all of the kids at heart!

No hay comentarios: