domingo, 23 de septiembre de 2012

On the night before preschool...

Suzy starts a preschool co-op tomorrow. I have had mixed feelings about it, as it definitely marks a new stage in life and more rigidity to our schedule which I'm not sure about it. However, the good thing is that I will be one of her teachers so we get to go through the transition together! Some other Fuller moms have started a preschool co-op in which the 6 of us take turns being the teacher and the assistant for a 3 day a week preschool. That means that over a 2 week period, I will be the teacher for 2 days, the assistant for one day, and have 3 days off! Whoa! Since Elvis is home in the mornings, that means we can even have morning dates just the two of us! what a novel idea!

Turns out that Mondays (tomorrow!) are my day to teach, so I am brushing off those teaching skills from back in El Salvador. However, in preschool in ES I used to have to teach Phonics, Bible, Writing (in cursive!), Math, Social Studies, Science, and Reading- all in English which was their second language. And one year I had 27 kids with no assistant. So i think I should be able to handle Suzy's class of 5 kiddos, teaching them music, crafts, story time, and outside time.

So tonight, I was getting all sentimental about her growing up, and was snuggling her close and cradling her in my arms. I told her how proud I was of her being such a big girl and asked her how she was feeling about going to preschool tomorrow.

She relaxed in my arms (even though she hates being held like a baby these days since she's a big girl now) and smiled so sweetly as she met my teary gaze. And her response was,



"Mommy, you have a big booger in your  nose."