jueves, 27 de junio de 2013

getting ready...

Well folks, I'm officially 35 1/2 weeks along, which means that little Emory could be here pretty soon! I keep thinking about the fact that Suzy came at 37 weeks which is just around the corner. Whoa!
So these past few weeks have been all about finishing up schoolwork, nesting, getting things ready, and trying to pack in some fun summer activities for Suzy.

First, we took a hospital tour which helped a lot to see how things are done here in the US. SHould be a much different experience than El Salvador...in some ways good (aka I'm not going to get a parasite after delivering this time around) and bad (my sister-in-law is not going to be delivering this time but rather whatever doctor is at the hospital.) By the way, it's kinda surreal that our hospital on Sunset Blvd is right across the street from the Church of Scientology that Tom Cruise goes to. Sometimes I forget I live in a city of famous people. Until I see places I pass by everyday on the movies and TV shows. It's still weird, though.

check out those cute lips!
Also, we found out that Emory has turned around and is no longer breech! Yay!

We also finally got a second car, something we had been wanting to hold off on doing but find is increasingly necessary as walking everywhere I need to go is basically doable, but only when it's not 105 degrees and I'm not so pregnant or I don't have two kids. Elvis has to take the car to work so if i needed to go anywhere, i had to walk it.

So, here she is! Thanks, tax refund!

just call me Soccer Mom

So, now that I have a car, I can take Suzy to do fun things these last weeks of her being an only child, like swim lessons and meeting Elvis at the botanical gardens for free concerts and a picnic dinner. 

We'll keep you updated!!

1 comentario:

Kelly dijo...

nice car!! That will be so great for trips and piling everything in the back. So glad that worked out!