domingo, 1 de junio de 2008

Whew!

So, I (ashley) am officially on vacation!!! We survived this past week of my kids' graduation, my jazz/bossanova concert, our visitors from Guatemala and USA, and everything went really well! Unfortunately, our recording of the concert doesnt have the best sound quality, so I'm gonna see if someone else got a good recording and then I'll post it. I thought I was gonna faint or ralph after the first song because I was so nervous, but that went away thankfully and I really enjoyed playing and doing some jazz improv. Here are some pictures:
Here are some photos from graduation...I've been working on downloading a video also, but haven't had any luck yet so keep checking back!


We also had another very special visitor this week...a lil' iguana friend came wandering over (we have little geckos in the house and patio always which are good for eating little bugs, but we'd never had an iguana of this size). Elvis had eaten iguana before, but never had one as a pet, so he was pretty pumped about it. And the more that I watched him, I got more and more intrigued because he really looked like a little dinosaur, and you must know that I love dinosaurs. We were gonna keep him and even made a little leash for him, but he pulled a Houdini and escaped from the patio. Not sure where he is now...hope he doesn't turn up in my bed!

So, that's the short summary of what's been going on here...I promise to put up a video of our concert when I get a good one!

P.S. Countdown til we are in the states: 11 days!!!!!




1 comentario:

Kelly dijo...

you are coming so sooon!!! Can we set up a plan to hang out? My cell is 336.508.8984.. are you going to use your moms again? I still have it programed in my phone and I can give you the white chinese lanterns back. We are really excited to see you both and share wedding details... i really missed you there ashley. wish you and elvis were there but we have lots of pics!!