domingo, 25 de mayo de 2008

Big week

So, we've got a big week coming up. First of all, it's my last week of school!!! whoohooo!!! which means that we pretty much just celebrate all week...on Tuesday they are taking all of the teachers out to eat at a nice Argentinian steakhouse, Wednesday have are having a going away party for my kindergarten class (they are moving up to the "big school" next year!) and that will be at the country club...i mean it's a tough job sometimes but someone has to do it =) Then, Thursday, my kids will be having their graduation ceremony...it's a pretty big deal and takes a lot of practice because they have to sing the Salvadorean national anthem, the Star Spangled Banner, recite Psalm 23 in english, one kid will give about a 7 minute speech, and they will sing and dance to the Veggie Tales version of "I Am a Promise". Pretty impressive for a bunch of 6 and 7 year olds.
Another big thing this week is that i will be playing in my first concert with my jazz quintet on wednesday! im pretty nervous about it, was hoping to have a few more weeks of practice before we played. we will be playing in La Luna, a cafe/house of art and music. As you can tell, we are gonna be pretty busy this week (and we are expected houseguests this week!) but we will try to get up pictures and videos from graduation and my concert asap.
Have a good week!

3 comentarios:

Kelly dijo...

and then you are coming to NC soooon!!! I can't wait to see y'all. Have we made a plan yet and set a date to hang out?!!? We have one week and counting! Pretty hard to believe!!

Jess dijo...

girl, enjoy that argentine beef. and how fun that you are playing at la luna because i think i went there and that it was cute. you are so cute and impressive. love you. saludos a elvis! besos

Marcie dijo...

Can I make a request that you post video of your concert where you are actually playing the flute??? :) Ahhh the memories from 02 when you had the flute with you in Guat, but mysteriously never played it..... Hey thanks for linking to my blog! You're awesome! I hope you guys have lots of fun this week!!!