lunes, 16 de marzo de 2009

mango season!


The yummmiest time of the year is upon us here in El Salvador...mango season!!! In the picture you can see my favorite type of mango (there are a million different types)...this one is called the "Tommy" mango...i have no idea why it is called that and not "Tomas" or something a little more salvadorean. Anyways, we ate this one for breakfast this morning, and it was just at its peak...not too ripe (i dont like 'em mushy) and not too green (although green mangoes are good with lime and salt!) hooray for mango season!!!
as a follow-up to yesterday's election blog, everything went smoothly, and the country's first leftist president was elected (well, he is moderate left). it was neat to see history in the making, and hear from our house the fireworks and tons of people celebrating in the streets!

3 comentarios:

Jess dijo...

is that who you wanted to win? i read a little about it on msnbc this morning - would maybe like to hear a little more about it from you. but i am prob your only friend truly interested :) ha.

i think i like it better when you talk about avocados falling of trees. heaven. but - you know my aversion to fruit.

miss you.

Danielle dijo...

it's almost mango season in China too! (how can that be when we live in two very different climates on opposite sides of the globe?) I bought one two weeks ago and it was too ripe so I'm waiting til they're just right! Do you make mango salsa? If not, I have a pretty good recipe. Glad we can enjoy the season together.

Kelly dijo...

mango season already!! I am jealous!! I don't see them out here yet... I think it will be a while. We were getting them in September... not sure where from though! That's the problem here... I want to know where my produce comes from! :)