miércoles, 3 de marzo de 2010

Big news!

No, I'm not pregnant again already! Ha! But we do have lots of big news this week, first of all, we have a precious little niece, Anna Dawn!! Well, she's not soo little, she weighed 9 lbs 7 oz at birth! But she is beautiful and such a special gift to our whole family! Here she is...I think she resembles Suzy, especially sleeping like this with her arms over her head!
This week is also very special because tomorrow is our 4 year anniversary. We have so much that has happened in this past year of marriage for us to be thankful for... Elvis finished school and got his first big job, and we have been able to see a new, amazing side of each other as we became parents this year and have seen ourselves and our love reflected in the most amazing little girl ever.

Speaking of Elvis finishing school, the other big news is that his long-awaited graduation is this Friday!! I am so proud of him for being persistent and playing along with all the bureaucracy and graduating...something that is not very easy at all in this country. Today I went to go pick up his graduation tickets (oh, other big news is that I'm driving by myself everyday now!) and first of all, I got there at 1:30 and the university office was closed. Apparently they take a 2.5 hour lunch break. Cool. So, I venture through town to a mall to kill some time and get Elvis's graduation/anniversary present, then go back around 3pm. The lady tells me that i can't pick up the tickets, even though I have Elvis's school ID card and El Salvador ID card, because I don't have a written letter from Elvis saying he gives me permission. I mean, I'm not picking up $1000, just a couple of tickets! Anyways, I've learned that most bureaucracy here can be gotten around if you keep persisting and talk to someone else who may happen to be having a better day. So, I go see this lady's boss, who is super nice either because of my blue eyes or my sob story, and gives me permission to get the tickets. So, Elvis is graduating, we finally got tickets, and I got the day off of work to go! Thankful for lots of great things happening this week =)

1 comentario:

Kelly dijo...

yay congrats Elvis!!