jueves, 13 de mayo de 2010

Mother's Day in the mountains!

Mother's Day this year was great for many reasons. First of all, I'm a mom this year!! Secondly, I got to be with my mom on Mother's Day for the first time since 2005. Also, it was cool this year because the US celebrates Mother's Day on Sunday, and here we always celebrate on May 10th, which was Monday. So two days of celebration!! Actually, we turned it into a whole weekend, and took Mom up to our favorite little town up in the mountains. What a fun weekend of drinking coffee, shopping, giggling, and eating! Suzy loved the cooler weather. We stayed in a cute cabin and even made a fire in the fireplace!! (Don't think it was actually cold enough to merit a fire...we just had to do it though because it was there!)

Here are some pictures from our fun weekend (sorry, I'm really bad at deciding which pics to put up, so I like to put up a ton):
















Sadly, mom had to leave on Monday. We had such a good time with her! I think she enjoyed taking care of Suzy a bit, too. =) Elvis helped me not be so sad by having some beautiful gerber daisies waiting for me Monday morning (Salvadoran mother's day) and took me out for some yummy sushi that night...the first time we've gone out for sushi since before i was pregnant! Mom made it home safely, and apparently Dad had written a rap to perform for her at the airport. Maybe we'll get a video of it to put up one of these days......

2 comentarios:

Stacy dijo...

Suzy is so smiley! I love her, and I've never met her :)

Kate dijo...

i love your family. and i love you! please post the rap soon. :)