sábado, 29 de mayo de 2010

Rainy Day Ponderings...

Something about rainy days makes me start thinking. I don't know what that says about me during the 6 months of the year here when it doesn't rain a drop....
Anyways, as I sit here, listening to the rain that hasn't stopped for 3 days, I started thinking:

-How in the world are Suzy's diapers supposed to dry with this kind of rain?

-How are we supposed to get rid of that funky smell in our clothes when they're hanging up in the garage for days but don't completely get dry because of the moisture (I hate that word, but it was the only appropriate word I could use here) in the air? Those of you who don't have a dryer and especially those who live in a country where it rains for several days straight know the funk I'm talking about.

-Suzy goes today for her 6 month checkup. How much will she weigh? What new foods will she get to start adding to her diet??

-How will Suzy do during our all day travels from El Salvador to NC in June? What can I do to keep her entertained on the plane ride? (suggestions welcomed)

-What would life be like if I went back to school one day and started working on my masters in Intercultural Studies at Fuller Seminary (be it online or in Cali)??

-Should I change my trusty email address and nickname that I've had all these years, "Baldwash", being that my last name is now "Henriquez"?? You see, Baldwash was the email address option that the computerized UNC email system offered me by taking the first few letters of my last name, Baldwin, and combining them with the first few letters of my first name. It was an instant hit. So, I guess if we follow the same strategy and take the first few letters of each name, we would get......"Henrash". I can just imagine the following conversation:

Person #1: "Oh man, I'm so sick....I've got the swine flu."
Person #2: "Dude, that's nothing....I've got the hen rash!"

Well, I think I'll stick with Baldwash. =)

3 comentarios:

jamiezeoli dijo...

zeo jam... a kin to toe jam possibly? that might go quite nicely with your hen rash!

Jess dijo...

onyens for life. i feel sad just thinking about giving up jessland. jessjohn? not the same.

Emmarie dijo...

I still use my onyen too! Ha ha I love your random thoughts. Keep them coming :)