viernes, 23 de julio de 2010

No, we haven't fallen off the face of the earth...

I've just been too busy to blog since we got back from our trip! And sadly enough, too busy to take pictures as well.

The same day Suzy and I came back, the mission team from Quaker Gap came down, which is always a highlight of each year! I went with them to Comasagua a few days to translate for VBS for 100 kids in the morning and 100 in the afternoon. It's always so fun to have familiar faces from my childhood here and get to do ministry with them as well. Here is one of the few pictures I took. This is one of the worship service. This was right before the power went out because of the hurricane force hail storm. I wasn't sure how I felt about translating with a wet microphone in my hand during a thunderstorm, at the bottom of a hill that has had mudslides numerous times.

Then, on Tuesday I started back at work. The kids don't start until the end of August, but we have teacher workdays until then.

Also, Thursday was my birthday!! Can you believe we didn't take a single picture all day?? Elvis woke me up at midnight to start giving me presents, and had gerber daisies waiting for me on the breakfast table, along with a caramel pecan Cinnabon, eggs, and fresh fruit (and coffee of course!), a card, and another present waiting in the car for me to go to work. Then, we went out to eat that night at the Gourmet Burger Company, by far my favorite nice restaurant here at the moment because of the great menu variety! I got a Portobello mushroom burger with Brie cheese, topped with cajun grilled avocado, roasted veggies, and a Cuban pineapple sauce. YUM!!! Where else could I get Brie cheese here?!?!

Friday just happened to be my dad's birthday (happy birthday DAD!!!) so to celebrate I ate all my leftovers from Thursday, plus Key Lime Pie last night with friends. Isn't it funny that we always associate birthdays and any other celebrations by eating way more calories than we should? I wonder why that is. I sure did enjoy it though =)

So, in other and cuter news, Suzy is crawling now! And she can go from crawling to sitting and vice versa. And she is clapping which is super cute. We had to lower the play pen because she was pulling up on it as well. She also loves playing her drum and so here is a video of her playing and of her cracking up:

2 comentarios:

Kelly dijo...

wow I need to get my hands on that portabello burger! That sounds like heaven!!!

Brooke or Caleb dijo...

I love Suzy's laugh. It put a big smile on my face. How do you get your videos to load? Blogger and I do not get along in that aspect.