viernes, 29 de octubre de 2010

The scoop

So, here's the scoop on what I warned you about the other day.....

Elvis works at an American company here in El Salvador that makes capacitors (some electronic thingy) and they want to send him to the US for some training so that he can learn to design these capacitors. Now, keep in mind that he would be the only one from his company in all of Latin America that will know how to do this, so it's a HUGE honor to be chosen. Especially since he hasn't quite been there a year yet!

So, his boss told him that he could be there for 2 weeks or for 2 months, and he couldn't tell him the exact dates, and he had exactly 5 minutes to say YES or NO. WHOA. He called me to discuss it in his 5 minutes, and we decided it was too huge of an opportunity to pass up.

I forgot to mention one little detail.....you may ask, Well where are they going to send him? LA? New York? No... they will be sending him to Myrtle Beach. Yes, approximately 1.5 hours from my family! COincidence? I think not.

And, he later found out it will actually probably be more like 3 months that he will be gone.

And they want him to leave MONDAY. Like, in 3 days.

So, what's the plan? Obviously Elvis cannot miss Suzy's 1st bday coming up and we can't stand the idea of being apart for so long, soooooooo....

Suzy and I are going with him!!

Actually we will be traveling in a couple of weeks so i can give the school some more time to find a substitute, but we will be in NC for Suzy's bday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and who knows what else! I am so excited that we will be able to live close to my parents and grandparents for this period in Suzy's life.

We can see the hand of God working in this. For example, with my job. Two days before they offered this to Elvis, my boss asked me if I would be in charge of all the paperwork we need to get done this year in order to have our accreditation renewed next year. So, I will not be teaching anymore but rather be in a more administrative role, which all I need is a computer and so I can work from the US for a while!

Even though we are so convinced that this is God moving all the pieces, there still have been many frustrations and obstacles to overcome (such as the fact that Elvis still does not have a confirmed itinerary and he leaves Monday). But we are learning to trust even when we can't see, and to be thankful even when we are not sure how everything is going to work out.

So, we still appreciate your prayers about this....and we will see you SO SOON!

6 comentarios:

Megan Blacker dijo...

yay! I'm dying to meet Miss Suzy!!

Unknown dijo...

:):):):):):):):):):)

Jess dijo...

yesssss! hope you can stay through april 30 :) can't wait to see you!!

Kelly dijo...

wooohoo!!

staci with an i dijo...

that is crazy!!! we will have to plan a gathering FOR SURE

Emmarie dijo...

would love to meet suzy while ya'll are home. We may need a Christmas gathering in Chapel Hill :)