jueves, 19 de abril de 2012

Stardom

So, my mom sent this Science and Children magazine from 1995...notice who those cool kids are on the cover?? I remember this day...I remember thinking I was so cool wearing that oversized hot pink Hard Rock t-shirt and those rolled up Tommy Hilfiger jean shorts. And Marty thought he was so cool with his Bubba Gump shrimp t-shirt. Ha!

Check out the drama on those faces. We are so authentic.
Speaking of child stardom, here is our little star getting ready to go swimming yesterday...she calls her sunglasses "Movie Star", as in "Mommy I need my movie star on".

 
Our Movie Star....fish
She loved swimming in the pool and seeing the tons of kids there for swim lessons, diving lessons, water polo lessons, etc.

That is, until someone threw up in the pool and we had to get out.

Maybe that's why Suzy woke up with stomach issues AGAIN in the middle of the night. Bleh. 

I love that there are tons of public pools in Pasadena that we can use for a couple of bucks. And that it is swimming weather all year long!

The other day we went to one of the many beautiful public parks nearby to do some surveys with Hispanics about their opinions of the community for one of my classes. There are so many cool options for kids offered by the city of Pasadena- swimming, ballet, music lessons, etc etc and we are excited about Suzy having those opportunities.

And today I walked around downtown LA for a couple of hours doing some research for another class about the religious expressions near our church. Met some interesting people and found that other churches are practically non-existent near our church. The are a couple of cathedrals farther away, and some Buddhist Temples as you get closer to Chinatown. Confirms that our church is in the right spot. Now, if we can just get Elvis's schedule switched so we can actually go together on sundays......

I love that my research for my classes this quarter mostly consists of getting out, walking around our community, and talking to people. Much better than doing book reports and research online.

1 comentario:

Marcie dijo...

"Much better than doing book reports and research online." What about the webinars?! Don't forget the webinars! ;) Love the picture of you & your bro...classic!