sábado, 9 de marzo de 2013

keeping busy

I'm thinking that the key to keeping my mind off of how much I miss Elvis is to keep busy. With Suzy and school, that's normally pretty easy. But we have been so thankful for so many friends and neighbors who have invited us to dinner, offered to keep Suzy for me or just helped out in random ways. For example, I got in my mind today that I needed to change the color of our bed skirt, but didn't realize until I was halfway into moving the mattress what a terrible idea that was to try by myself. So thankful for my friend Christy who showed up and helped me out!

Christy also invited us to Huntington Gardens last week....a beautiful, massive space of gardens, art museums, and an old estate. Remember the wedding planner when J-Lo broke that statue? Yep, filmed there! It's 207 acres big so we only saw a small portion. Suzy loved it though!

playing in the children's garden


loved this rare flower/tree. it said it was some kind of magnolia??


can you tell from the angle that Suzy took this picture?


chinese garden


No hay comentarios: