miércoles, 8 de enero de 2014

another kale salad recipe

Today I want to share a new recipe with all (3?) of you that read this blog in honor of Emory who started eating food this week. Turns out our baby LOVES eating as much as he loves nursing and even from the first time he tried oatmeal, he was grabbing the spoon and almost dunking his head in the bowl trying to get more. Today he tried avocado and gave it two thumbs up. It's such a new experience to have a baby who likes to eat!

Displaying photo.JPG

You may remember a few months back when I was flipping out over kale and posted this recipe. Well, guess what...I'm still flipping out over kale. And I've got a new recipe thanks to my friend Melinda who brought this salad over the other night. I totally monopolized the salad and didn't really share with anyone else. It is SUPER easy to make and has a very subtle yet highly addictive flavor. YUM. I just ate an obscene amount of this salad tonight (and it was just the side dish to carne asada tacos and garlicky butter yucca!) and want more salad for dessert.

Remember that I don't really work with measurements and I scarfed the whole bowl down before I could take a picture, so you'll have to use your creativity.

All you need is:
olive oil
kale
salt and pepper
pear
shredded parmesan cheese
roasted almonds

First, pour on the kale enough olive oil to coat it well and start massaging the heck out it the leaves until they are tender and are coated with a thin layer of olive oil. Then, squirt a few drops of lemon or lime juice (don't overdo the lemon) and a generous shaking of salt and pepper. Next, add chunks of pear, shredded parmesan cheese, and roasted almonds and toss everything together. DONE! Told you it was super easy.

I just buy raw almonds either at TJ's or in bulk at a cheap international grocery store and then pop them in the toaster oven on 350 for a few minutes til the house starts smelling awesome.

Ok, do yourself a favor and try this salad and let me know what you think!

No hay comentarios: