sábado, 28 de agosto de 2010

Teacher...and student!

So, I survived my first week of school. This year, I am teaching 7th and 8th grade History, and 8th and 9th grade Spelling. New subjects, new grades. It was a good first week for the most part (except when I covered the board with permanent marker the first class of the first day), but I can tell it's a whole different pace than I'm used to. Hopefully we will all survive and we will all learn something. Here's the obligatory first day of school picture (I look a little tired because it was actually taken after school) and I got Suz to pose with me.
Speaking of Suzy, she just turned 9 months yesterday! That's 3/4 of a year already! Whoa!

As the title hints, this year I will not only be a full-time teacher and mom, but also a student again!! I have been accepted in the Masters of Intercultural Studies program at Fuller Seminary and will start my first online class in September. I will be starting slowly to get back into the swing of studying, so I will just start with one class. Thanks Kelly and Brian McPhail for paving the way at Fuller and sharing your infectious excitement about studying there!!

I'm excited about going back to school, but nervous about having enough time and energy. So, I sure am glad we found a neighbor that sells charamuscas for 25 cents down the road....they are basically fresh fruit popsicles, but instead of actually being a popsicle, it's just frozen in a plastic bag.You just bite the corner off of the bag (a skill you MUST learn if you ever live in central america) and suck on it for a fresh fruity goodness pick-me-up. Here I am enjoying a fresh pineapple/coconut charamusca and Elvis a carao one- a fruit that smells and tastes like dirty socks. Definitely an acquired taste.

3 comentarios:

Jess dijo...

excited for you! hope all is well -

Kelly dijo...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! WE are tooo excited for you! I wish you were starting classes here in Pasadena with me this fall but maybe we can have an online class together this year! :) Love you and will email you back soon about classes... we were out of town this weekend.

Tyler dijo...

9 months?!? Wow! Did you get the perm marker off? I know a trick if you need one... Just write over it with dry erase/expo markers and it comes right off! :). Praying for you in this big time of transitions. Love you!