lunes, 5 de marzo de 2012

celebrate!

First of all, we are celebrating right now because I got the World Vision practicum!!! I am so excited about this opportunity which could open up some big doors in the future.

Second of all (I'm not trying rank according to importance here), we celebrated UNC's victory over DOOK!



Then on Sunday, we started celebrating our anniversary with a yummy breakfast cooked by Elvis...
Then we had a great morning at church and lunch at the Grand Central Market in downtown LA....the closest thing I have ever experienced to being in downtown San Salvador without actually being there! We enjoyed yummy pupusas for lunch.

Then, Suzy had an afternoon and evening with Kelly and Brian which was like heaven for her! They went to the nearby arboretum and Suzy got to see some peacocks upclose and personal!! Meanwhile, I was in charge of the special anniversary activity and Elvis was in charge of the special anniversary dinner. I took him to the Observatory which has the best views of all of LA (and great telescope viewing of the moon and stars at night, although we didn't stay for that). 


the Observatory

see the Hollywood sign behind us??

ah, there it is!

LA
Then Elvis took me to a hip Italian restaurant in downtown Pasadena. I got butternut squash ricotta ravioli (handmade pasta) with a brown butter, sage, and parmesan sauce. YUM. I'm drooling right now just remembering it. Then the restaurant surprised us with a complimentary dessert for our anniversary. That was the cherry on top of a perfect day.

No hay comentarios: