jueves, 1 de marzo de 2012

whew what a week

So, today's the day. The day of Elvis's 8 hour long interview. He is there right now, so say a little (or big!) prayer for him RIGHT NOW as you read this. Thanks.

And tomorrow is my big interview for the World Vision summer internship. I just found out that one of my friends is actually one of the other top 3, and another friend who actually got the internship last year will be interviewing me too! Weird.

I really have not had time to think about my interview, it has been such a crazy week. Yesterday, we went on a little road trip to find where Elvis's interview would be today, in Burbank. The company is exactly 20 minutes away on google maps. Well when we got about 45 minutes down the road, we realized we had missed the exit for the highway waaaay back in Pasadena. Then, when we finally got back to Pasadena and then on our way, Suzy had a maaaajor blowout which even made it's way to the carseat. YUCK. And guess who forgot to bring extra clothes? So guess which naked baby was running around a parking lot as we were trying to figure out how to clean everything up and get some sort of clothes on her? And who ran out of wipies in the process?

So we made it to K-mart and found enough cheap clothes to clothe her halfway decently, only to have her have more stomach issues. Oh man. So when we finally get home, I'm running inside with her to find yet another change of clothes and new diaper, and i realize that the carpet is.....squishy. And that my shoes are completely wet. Yes, our apartment had flooded. Both toilets overflowed at some point during the one morning we were not at home due to plumbing stuff they were working on in another apartment. Thankfully, it was clean water (my brother recently had a similar issue happen to the basement of his house and it was unfortunately NOT clean water.....) and the plumbers (which looked an awful lot like Mario and Luigi) were here to help right away, and the carpet cleaner soon after. Now, we have the carpet ripped up at the seams and these huge fans underneath the carpet, creating a rippling effect throughout the house. And a slight hum.....like a dryer. If you were INSIDE it.

I have no idea why all that had to happen right as we needed to be preparing for our interviews, taking care of Suzy, and working on my final papers. It was hard to not feel in control of all of these situations. And just as I had no idea to expect such craziness yesterday, I have no idea what to expect tomorrow, or next week, or next month.

But we survived yesterday, and I suppose we will tomorrow and the next day, whether we get the job or the internship or not. I feel pretty confident that God did not bring us here just to let us go bankrupt and have to live on the streets.

So, we will keep you updated on if the craziness continues or if it was just a "storm before the calm". Wait, isn't it supposed to be the "calm before the storm"?

No hay comentarios: