miércoles, 28 de marzo de 2012

starting a routine

Well we survived Elvis's first week of work! It's Wednesday which means his "weekend" has started! Although he's not that excited about waking up at 5am everyday, I love the fact that he is home before 3pm. Love it. He is getting the hang of his new job, and hopefully can grow in that company when they see his experience and talent.

This week is also my first week of classes, and I think they are going to be great: "Organizing Urban Communities for Transformation" and "Church and Mission in a Global Context." The professor for my urban communities class will be my supervisor/mentor for my World Vision internship, and he has lots of great experience working with immigrants in LA so I think I will learn a lot from him. 

On Sunday night, Elvis and i decided to take a little cruise down Sunset Boulevard after Suzy went to sleep (the neighbors had the monitor..don't worry!)....you know, a hot date to.....the ER. I had to go to the ER for the first time in my life b/c of intense stomach pain...turns out I have gastritis, which means I have to avoid coffee, soda, citrus fruits, chocolate, fried stuff, etc for a while and start practicing more relaxation techniques. So Elvis and I did yoga last night...hilarious! Even with all the parasites and bacterias and things I picked up in El salvador, I never had to go to the ER. And of course, there it would have only cost like $10! I also miss that in ES you could just go to a lab and pay $2 and get a pee or poop test to see if you had something. Or, just call Elvis's sister who is a doctor, then go to the pharmacy and get whatever we needed since every medicine is over-the-counter. Anyway, I feel better now, just trying to eat really healthy and avoid those foods that set me off. It's weird thinking that something so healthy as an orange can actually be really bad for me right now.

Anyway, that's enough of my stomach issues...here are a few more cute pictures from Anna's visit!



1 comentario:

Kelly dijo...

ohh noo!! I am so sorry to hear!! Look forward to catching up with you soon...