jueves, 17 de enero de 2013

Life update

Just a little update on our lives...

As you saw via blog/email/facebook/in person/etc...I'm pregnant! I'm around 12ish weeks, and everything seems to be going great.  I'm due around the end of July/beginning of August, depending on different dates they've given me.

Suzy is really excited about the baby, although she doesn't want to be a "big sister" but rather a "big friend". She is really sweet and loving towards the baby even now. Hope that continues!

Thankfully and miraculously, I've had about 5 minutes of nausea this entire first trimester, which is a big change from my pregnancy with Suz (although I never threw up with her either). I think it's extra grace from God b/c I was really worried about being here all by myself with Suzy all day in NY, no neighbors to count on, and barfing my guts out. So thankful that was not the case. Even if I do randomly fall asleep while we're playing, at least I'm not sick.

I'm also starving all day long and feel like I'm eating non-stop, a huge change from only being able to eat cream cheese and olive sandwiches for the first few months of Suzy's pregnancy. Actually Elvis and I both could only stomach those sandwiches for dinner every night. Our families seem to think it's a boy b/c of the different symptoms this time around.  We'll find out on our anniversary, March 4th!

The hardest part about being in NY while pregnant is that my health care, which generally has awesome, free prenatal care, does not cover me while I'm outside of southern Cal. What a headache trying to get an ultrasound out here and not being able to have normal monthly check-ups.

To deal with stir-craziness and to counterbalance all I'm eating, we joined the local YMCA and we're loving it! We haven't been members of a gym in about 4 or 5 years and it has been really fun, especially since they have a swimming pool we can all use and a children's room where they watch your kids while you work out. This has made living in NY much more liveable and the long days inside much more bearable, especially since Suzy gets some energy out and gets to be around other kids.

Elvis' job is going well...busy but he likes it. Suzy and I will be going back to Pasadena on Feb 16 because i have a class I need to take on campus, but we hope he will be back with us soon after.

I'm taking a New Testament online class while I'm here and will be taking "Inner Healing Prayer" in Feb on campus.

The snow actually melted while we were in DC (of course it's in the 50s the one weekend we aren't here...) But it hs flurrying right now and should keep it up the rest of the weekend.

Well, I think that covers the basics...anything else you want to know about life in NY?



No hay comentarios: