domingo, 27 de enero de 2013

Niagara Falls

Some thoughts about visiting Niagara Falls:

1. I'm so glad we decided the night before to go! We were waiting for a warm(er) day and today was perfect. 

2. I'm glad Elvis asked me when we were only a mile from the house if the memory card was actually inside the camera. It was not (whoops- my bad!). We were going to be those people who went to Niagara Falls and didn't take a single picture. So glad Elvis knows me so well to ask!

3. I was glad I wore my waterproof boots- I stepped in something I thought was a little slush, and it came halfway up my knees. I think I would have died of hypothermia if it weren't for those boots. 

4. I'm so glad we went to the aquarium on the NY side. They had a great sea lion show that was probably one of the highlights of suzy's life. I haven't seen her so excited in a while. Maybe she'll be a marine biologist when she grows up?

5. I'm thrilled that we decided to cross over into Canada to see the falls from the other side. The view was much better and much more was going on- the NY side is pretty dead in the winter. 

6. My childhood dream came true: ever since I visited Niagara Falls with my family when I was about 8, I always said I wanted to have my honey moon there. Something about wax museums and going over a waterfall in a barrel seemed incredibly romantic to me. Finally got to see it again with my hunny...a second honey moon of sorts! 

7. I'm so glad there are 8 billion Indian restaurants on the NY side of Niagara...we had a great dinner, as we have missed Indian food so much while being here! 












1 comentario:

Kelly dijo...

a baby mooon with your honey and bebe! :)